Wrinkles 27 August 2009
Wrinkles have 5 causes:
- Progressive acidic damage to the skin from an overly acidic diet. Acid pulls fluid from the skin, dehydrating it.
- Progressive build up of lead, iron and other heavy metals in the skin.
- Progressive decline in hormone levels.
- Chronic dehydration of the skin.
- Deficiency in essential fatty acids.
Wrinkles are NOT caused by a deficiency of botulinum toxin in the skin. I do not support the use of a highly acidic bacterial toxin, injected into facial muscles to paralyse them. Treating excessive acidity with more acid does not make sense to us and the risks of atrophy of the paralysed muscle causing long term changes in the shape of the face is real. Botox relaxes the muscles by poisoning them. There have been 16 deaths caused by the toxin spreading within the body. There have been many more adverse effects including muscle weakness and aspiration pneumonia.
Wrinkles are prevented by:
- Adopting an alkaline lifestyle with healthy, live foods and a reduction in stress.
- Maintaining youthful physiological hormone levels (this does not necessarily mean supplementing with hormones but can occur naturally through the other steps documented here).
- Super-hydrating with natural spring water.
- Supplementing with essential fatty acids including pharmaceutical grade fish oil.
- Zeolite daily to remove heavy metals and other environmental toxins from the body.
- Use of alkaline skin toners and moisturisers which are available at my clinic.