Immune System 25 August 2009
A healthy immune system is critical for our defense against pathogenic organisms. Natural ways to improve immune function that I recommend include:
- Eliminate refined sugar from the diet. Refined sugar has been shown to impair white cell activity for hours after consumption.
- Determination and elimination of food allergies. Why would you want your immune system to be busy fighting foods when it could be fighting pathogenic organisms?
- Decrease the body burden of heavy metals. Heavy metals in the body depress the immune system. Common infections like chlamydia, CMV, EBV, mycoplasma and candida are therefore not being held in check. Many of these infections then trap the heavy metals in the body. Diseases ranging from atherosclerosis to gut dysbiosis are consequently made worse.
- High dose oral vitamin C.
- Kyolic garlic. Garlic has been shown to be effective against bacteria, viruses and fungi.
- Olive leaf extract.
- Coenzyme Q10