Dairy Products 12 August 2009
Milk and other dairy products are health foods for baby cows but no one else. Even adult cows have the good sense not to drink milk. It amazes me that we have been led to believe that the human race is the only species on earth which must consume the breast milk of another species from the day we are born to the day we die otherwise we will all crumble into a pile of dusty bones.
Countries which do not consume dairy products have a very low incidence of osteoporosis while countries with a high intake such as Australia and the US have a very high incidence of osteoporosis. A meta-analysis of studies on dairy consumption and childrens bone strength reported in the prestigious journal Paediatrics found that there was no evidence that dairy products were recquired for childrens bone strength. The countries with the highest incidence of breast cancer- Ireland and Norway also have a very high intake of dairy products.
There are many reasons why dairy products should be avoided:
- They contain high amounts of lactose which is broken down to lactic acid which over acidifies the body. Excessive acidity disturbs the optimal pH of the body and is the root cause of most of our degenerative diseases.
- The main protein in dairy products is casein which studies have shown to be highly carcinogenic.
- Whey protein has been shown to increase insulin levels by activating the incretin system. They stimulate as much insulin secretion as whole wheat.
- Casein and whey (the 2 main proteins in diary) are highly allergenic.
- Consumption of cows milk has been linked to Parkinson’s disease, brain lesions, osteoporosis and prostate cancer in adults. In children it has been linked to type 1 diabetes, asthma and acne.
- The sugar in dairy products encougaes fungal growth (especially galactose).
- Drinking over 2 glasses of milk/day doubles the risk of ovarian cancer.